A Short Explaination on Watching the Pod Casts.
The most recent Pod Cast is the one that is showing in the Pod Cast window just below.
When you click on the Pod Cast to view the video, it will play.
When it is finished playing you will see other Pod Casts that have been uploaded show up and you can scroll through them as you wish and pick from any of them to view. Most are only a few seconds long and a couple are about 2 to 3 minutes.


Live Steam Events; past and future.

In the podcast window below you will find a number of short clips from various activities. Enjoy !

FUTURE EVENTS:
Check out the Lake Shore Live Steamers web site for a current schedule of runs. www.lakeshorelivesteamers.com




Live Steam Powered Podcast

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Yep....It's been a while.....

Last year, I was informed that a foundry furnace was up for sale. Over 20 years ago, I had met the owner and he cast an item for the Fitchburg. Apparently, he had passed away about 5 years ago and family was now selling off his tools. My cousin had informed me that a furnace was up for sale and I went to investigate. When I heard the name and location, I flashed back 20+ years. His family was  getting ready to load it into the roll off dumpster. Nobody wanted it and they couldn't sell it. When I shared my story and excitement about acquiring it, his widow came to tears. She was so thrilled to know that the furnace was going to be put back into service. And so it has been. So far, I'm casting only aluminum. And in the upcoming posts, I will be sharing items I have cast. Some will be available to purchase. Some will be railroad related and some will not. But all of it has been a blast to make.